• Username (E-mail)
  • Password
Dow 16,563 -1.9%  EStoxx50 3,116 -1.7%  Nikkei 15,569 -0.3%  EUR 1.3387 0.0% 
Nasdaq 4,370 -2.1%  FTSE100 6,730 -0.6%  Yen 102.8950 0.1%  Oil 105.9 0.0% 
S&P500 1,931 -2.0%  DAX 9,407 -1.9%  GBP 1.6879 0.0%  Gold 1,283 0.3% 

Corn

Prices + Charts + Real-Time News Show in currency
Snapshot Realtime Price News US-Dollar
Historical Prices Euro

Latest Price Corn in USD per Bushel

Realtime Quote
3.57 USD -0.05 USD -1.24 %
Trade Time 02:15 PM
07/31/2014 02:15:00 PM UTC-0400
Trade Date 07/31/2014
07/31/2014 02:15:00 PM UTC-0400
Open 0.00 Previous Close 3.62
Daily Low 0.00 Daily High 3.57
52-week Low 3.57 52-week High 5.23

Corn in USD - Historical Prices

Date Closing Price Open Daily High Daily Low
07/29/2014
07/29/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.62 3.61 3.64 3.58
07/28/2014
07/28/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.62 3.68 3.69 3.59
07/27/2014
07/27/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.68 3.63 3.69 3.63
07/24/2014
07/24/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.63 3.61 3.64 3.57
07/23/2014
07/23/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.62 3.62 3.69 3.57
07/22/2014
07/22/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.63 3.60 3.64 3.58
07/21/2014
07/21/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.60 3.64 3.67 3.60
07/20/2014
07/20/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.64 3.69 3.69 3.63
07/16/2014
07/16/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.80 3.78 3.88 3.75
07/15/2014
07/15/2014 06:00:00 PM UTC-0400
3.78 3.74 3.86 3.74

Maize

In recent years maize has overtaken wheat and rice as the world’s most important grain. Maize is a very robust plant which can be cultivated all over the world. In many countries maize is a basic foodstuff, whereas in North America and Europe the grain is fed mainly to animals. In these countries maize only enters the diet of humans through meat consumption.

The annual maize output is around 677 million tonnes. The main producer is the USA, which produces around 41 per cent of this. The quantity of maize produced in the EU, consisting of 189 million tonnes of green and silage maize and 53 million tonnes of grain maize, is sufficient to meet the EU’s own requirements (without the accession countries).

Maize was first cultivated several thousand years ago and there are now more than 3000 cultivated species. Over time several main species have emerged, however, which differ mainly in the properties of the maize kernels. Flint maize has a hard kernel with a round shape. This species was discovered by Columbus in Central America and was also widespread in the Caribbean at this time. From there, the flint maize found its way to Europe, Asia and Africa. Another maize species besides flint maize is dent maize, which is characterised by a soft, floury endosperm between the hard, horny outsides of the grain. This maize species, as well as hybrid varieties produced from flint maize and dent maize, play the most important role in the economy today. Popcorn is a variant of flint maize. Popcorn was cultivated by the American Indians, making it one of the oldest cultivated maize varieties. Today maize is also cultivated and optimised using genetic engineering. Genetically modified maize varieties can be found mainly in the USA, Argentina and Canada.

Around 70 per cent of maize cultivated in Germany is used in animal feed. The remaining 30 per cent is processed further in the food industry to create various products. The most well-known and most important are grain maize, where the maize kernels are separated from the maize cob (preserves), corn starch (cornflour), glucose syrup, maize germ oil, cornflakes, popcorn, polenta, puffed maize snacks and maize paper (including cigarette paper).

The largest quantities of maize are processed and consumed in the USA (around 32% of world output), followed by China (20%), Brazil (5.8%) and Mexico (3.9%). Only a very small proportion of the maize output is traded on the international markets, since the largest proportion of the maize produced is consumed directly in the country of origin. Maize is exported primarily to Latin America and Africa. The Middle East and Asia are also important importers of maize. In Asia the primary importers are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.

The most important trading venues for maize are the Chicago Board of Trade, the Bolsa de Mercadorias & Futuros, the Marche a Terme International de France, the Budapest Commodity Exchange, the Kanmon Commodity Exchange and the Tokyo Grain Exchange.

Corn Chart in USD - 1 Year
  • Intraday
  • 1w
  • 3 Mo.
  • 1y
  • 3y
  • 5y
  • Max

Commodities Top Performers

Natural Gas (Henry Hub) 3.84 USD
2.13 %
Aluminium 2,023.00 USD
2.12 %
EEX Natural Gas Year Future 25.17 EUR
1.83 %
Super Plus Fuel 1.59 EUR
1.21 %
Rhodium 1,285.00 USD
1.18 %

Forward Curve Corn